Have you always dreamed of swim with dolphins Florida? Now is the perfect time to make that dream a reality. Let your vacation this year be the most memorable one ever. Florida Dolphin swimming is the experience of a lifetime. You can choose from several fabulous opportunities to frolic with these wondrous creatures in the Sunshine State. Whether you prefer to vacation in St. Augustine, Orlando, Miami, or the all the way down in the Florida Keys, there is a program designed to make your dream of swimming with the dolphins in Florida come true.
This state is one of the few places in the world with so manyoptions for swim with dolphin Florida. With 7 different dolphin facilities, each with varied programs designed to fit your budget and comfort level in the water, there is truly something for everyone. Here is an overview of some of the dolphin adventures you and your family can enjoy on your Florida vacation.
Swim with Dolphins Florida
1. Discovery Cove in Orlando, Florida, offers exotic shallow and deep water interactions with dolphins, including a dorsal fin tow. You can also interact with rays, snorkel amid thousands of fish, hand-feed exotic birds, and relax on the beaches. Included in your admission are your meals, beverages, gear, parking and a 7-day pass to either SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, or Busch Gardens Africa in Tampa. Priced from $269 plus tax. Florida resident discounts are available.
2. Miami Seaquarium, in Miami, Florida, has 2 different programs for dolphin interaction. Each encounter provides a 30-minute shallow water experience including touching, kissing, feeding, and using training commands with the dolphins. The Dolphin Odyssey program includes a special opportunity for deep water interaction. Prices from $99 plus tax for children, and $139 plus tax for adults, with all-day park admission and shows included.
3. Theater of the Sea, Islamorada, Florida Keys, provides a variety of trained behaviors, including kisses and dorsal tows, allowing you to touch and interact with a dolphin in a natural ocean water environment. You will also have the opportunity to snorkel, at the surface and below, allowing for a more intimate encounter with the dolphin. These Special Programs are offered daily and include admission to the dolphin, sea lion, and parrot shows, guided marine life tour, lagoon-side beach, and a bottomless boat ride. Prices from $175 per person.
4. Marineland in St. Augustine, Florida, offers an exciting array of dolphin encounter programs for swimmers, non-swimmers, and children as young as 3 years old. From dolphin art and contact from the side of the pool, to an intimate 45 minute deep water dolphin swim, there is dolphin fun and interaction for everyone.* Prices begin at $75 and up, plus general admission ($6.00 for adults and $3.00 for children 12 and under). They are open from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., seven days a week, closed only on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. *No dorsal fin tow is available at Marineland.
5. Dolphin Plus, Key Largo, Florida offers Structured Dolphin Swims with hands-on dolphin encounters, including a variety of trained behaviors (belly rubs, kisses, and dorsal tows) with the dolphins and an experienced dolphin trainer. They also have Natural Dolphin Swims, where individuals use a mask, fins and snorkel to participate in open swimming with dolphins, but have no direct contact. Prices from $165 per person, off-season. Combo Structured and Natural Dolphin Swim packages available.
6. Dolphin Cove, Key Largo, Florida, is a marine education and dolphin swim facility, offering dolphin swims in a natural lagoon open to the Florida Bay. Natural Dolphin Swims are a freestyle snorkel program, with no trained behaviors performed by the dolphins. The interaction is as natural as possible, with eye contact and synchronized swimming. Any further contact must be initiated by the dolphins. Premier Dolphin Swims let swimmers take turns entering the water and interacting hands-on with the dolphins, guided by a dolphin trainer. One-on-one contact is guaranteed. A Junior Dolphin Encounter is available for small children, with dolphin education and interaction from the platform. Combo packages are also available. Basic swims from $125 per swimmer, off-peak season.
7. Dolphin Research Center (DRC), Grassy Key, Florida is a not-for-profit education and research facility, home to a family of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins and California sea lions. DRC offers a number of fun and educational ways to interact with dolphins. For little ones and non-swimmers, they have Meet, Play, and Paint with the Dolphin interactions which take place from the platform. The Dolphin Dip is a group activity (no more than 6 people) with 20-25 minutes of in-water time and is only $100.00 for ages 4 and up, free for children under the age of 3, who must be held by a parent or guardian. Interactions include a backrub and flippershake, plus you will dance, spin, splash, and learn to give signals like a trainer. Dolphin Encounters in Shallow and Deep Water (with dorsal fin pull) are available, including about 20 minutes of structured in-water time with the dolphins. $180 per person includes a full day admission, educational materials and a certificate upon completion of your program.
8. Gulf World, Panama City Beach – You can visit this park where the whole family will have a blast exploring the beauty of marine life. You can enjoy a wonderful dolphin encounter with the four different interactive swimming with dolphins programs, where you will be able to play and swim with the cutest marine animal that ever existed. You only need to choose your favorite and have fun. This amazing marine park not only offers interactive programs with dolphins for your family and friends, you can also spend time with sea lions, stingrays, sharks and other animals where you’ll learn how to protect the environment in your everyday lives.
Swimming with the dolphins in Florida is an extraordinary experience you will cherish for a lifetime. When you plan your vacation this year, make sure you include a few friendly dolphins. Dolphin World can help you book the perfect vacation package and dolphin encounter, just call 1-800-667-5524 to begin your aquatic adventure. Florida dolphin swims are quite popular, so make your reservations early and book your unforgettable dolphin swim vacation.